Films and Events
SPECIAL EVENTS & NOTEWORTHY ATTRACTIONS ALWAYS INCLUDE:
* MOVIE, MOVIES and more MOVIES! We cram in as many classic Drive-In movies, independent films and shorts as we can pack into a weekend. You’ll find movies and shorts on real 16mm film in our 200 seat “Film Room” and all kinds of indy films, shorts, and guest related features in our smaller, 100+ seat “DVD projection Room” all weekend long.
* Q&A Sessions, Live Movie Commentaries, Guest Talks and Movie Introductions... Our guests are always willing to interact with attending fans, and we’ve come up with all kinds of fun stuff for them to do over the years. Let’s see what we come up with for the next show shall we?
* Join us for “A GHASTLEE NITE AT THE MOVIES” every Saturday Night beginning at 8:00pm. Hosted by Dayton, Ohio’s very own A. Ghastlee Ghoul, “A Ghastlee Nite at the Movies” isn’t really a film screening at all. It’s more a night of “live entertainment” and laughs. Join us for an evening of silly skits, bad music, interactive games and contests, surprise guests and more.
* SURPRISES and MORE SURPRISES! With most of the shows we run, things fall together a few weeks before show time. Be sure to check back as the show draws closer to see if we may have a surprise guest addition, extra film screening, or special event added to the weekend schedule.
* EVERY CINEMA WASTELAND MOVIE AND MEMORABILIA EXPO offers attending fans over 60 Hours worth of Movies and Programming over the course of three days. And it’s all 100% Free with the price of admission. It can be a bit overwhelming, so be sure to check over the complete Weekend Schedule of Films and Events before you arrive so you can plot out your weekend early. The Weekend Schedule is usually posted 3 or 4 weeks before any given show.
AND WHAT ABOUT THE MOVIES YOU ASK?...
You can't have a "Movie Convention" without them, can you? ABSOLUTELY NOT! And we plan on showing plenty of films on both 16mm Film and Video at Cinema Wasteland - Many of which may be hosted by the Stars and Directors appearing as Guests at the show. Our evening film show is Free to all attendees and hotel guests.
Here are the movies we are showing on 16mm film:
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1968) At the same time Johnny and Barbara visit their father’s grave, a living corpse, or “ghoul” as they are called in George Romero’s groundbreaking zombie film, attacks and kills Johnny. In shock, Barbara escapes to a nearby farmhouse where she encounters a handful of other people who have witnessed the dead returning to life and attacking the living. The terror never lets up as the survivors methodically meet their end at the hands of both the walking dead as well as trigger happy locals out to gun the ghouls down. We’re getting quite a nice reaction from fans about meeting some of the rare key scene ghouls and crew members from Night of the Living Dead, so we felt the time was right to screen the movie on real 16mm film for everyone come show time.
SATURDAY MORNING CARTOON HOUR - Resident horror host, Son of Ghoul, will once again put together an hour’s worth of original cartoons to kick off Saturday morning. He often times digs up those old cartoons that were deemed “politically incorrect” by the stuffy douche bags who can’t pull their heads out of their asses long enough to take a breath of fresh air… which is just the way we like it at Cinema Wasteland! Cartoons kick off at 9:30am on Saturday mornings in MOVIE ROOM 1, so be sure to stop in and see what’s in store this time around!
THE THREE STOOGES HOUR - It’s been a tradition since the very first Cinema Wasteland Show to screen Three Stooges shorts on Saturday morning. Resident horror host, Son of Ghoul, took over the job of sorting out which Stooge shorts to run when he mentioned that he owned every short on 16mm film. Stooge hour moved from early mornings to Noon on Saturday and the rest, as they say, is Wasteland history.
WASTELAND INTERMISSION REELS - Brand new intermission reels will once again screen between our Friday and Saturday night double features (and again on Sunday between the 16mm film screenings) at our next show. Chock full of assorted movie trailers, cartoons, old intermission and snack bar spots and public service announcements, these twenty minute reels will bring back memories of drive-in days gone by and are always a big hit with our attendees.
Please check back soon....
Here are the movies we are showing on DVD Projection:
Please check back soon...
AND DON’T FORGET ABOUT ALL THE OTHER “WASTELAND” VIDEO AND FILM BITS WE SCREEN ALL WEEKEND LONG. PLENTY OF HORROR MOVIE TRAILERS AND ASSORTED SHORT FILMS ARE GENERALLY ALWAYS RUN SOMEWHERE DURING WEEKEND!
** Please consult the Cinema Wasteland Program Guide upon checking in for a complete film show listing and their approximate starting times. The film line-up is subject to last minute changes. **